About the role:
We are currently looking to recruit a Principal Ecological Consultant to join our multidisciplinary team in London and assist with the delivery of a diverse range of projects.
The role would entail management of complex ecology projects; many of which would involve multiple protected species in complex scenarios. Alongside managing projects, the successful candidate would be responsible for tender production, client liaison, financial management and survey programming. There would also be opportunities to run unique urban biodiversity projects, such as bespoke ecological monitoring of living roofs and green infrastructure strategy production.
The successful candidate would be responsible for mentoring staff and undertaking technical reviews. The role would include outward facing support with the candidate inputting into business generation.
Greengage is an award winning multidisciplinary environmental consultancy known for providing innovative and bespoke ecological solutions. We have a wealth of experience across a range of sectors and through all stages of planning, development and corporate sustainability. Our discipline is based on a deep understanding of the built, natural and social environment.
Our consultants gain experience working on a wide range of developments, undertaking baseline surveys to facilitate planning applications, and working with architects and landscape architects throughout design and build to create innovative solutions for integrating biodiversity within the built form.
The successful candidate needs to demonstrate that they are:
- Ideally 7+ years of professional experience;
- Graduate (MSc desirable) in a relevant scientific degree (ecology, biology, environmental science or similar);
- MCIEEM and CEnv/CEcol (desirable);
- Highly organised and motivated individual;
- Based in or around London with full driver’s licence (access to own car desirable) or be willing to travel in for at least three days a week;
- Experience of line management and technical review responsibilities;
- Excellent report writing skills;
- Enthusiastic about nature conservation;
- Available to work flexible hours to support on ecology surveys;
- Hold a European protected species licence for bats and experience with EPSM licence preparation and delivery (essential); and
- Experience/knowledge of green infrastructure and working with urban biodiversity (desirable).
The full-time role is available to start from February 2020. The successful candidate would be based in our London Bridge office.
Competitive based on experience.
If you are interested in applying for the role please send a CV and supporting letter to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining why you are interested in the role and how you meet the personal specification. If you have any questions or would like additional information please feel free to get in touch.