About the role:
We are currently looking for a consultant to join our team to help support the delivery of arboricultural services. We require somebody who is organised, outgoing, commercially minded and passionate about making a difference with regards to trees and wider sustainability.
Although the primary role is to assist with delivering our arboricultural services (see below), there are opportunities to assist with other aspects of the business as well, in particular, our arboriculturists often work closely with our ecology team helping to maximise urban greening on the schemes we work on and calculating natural capital and ecosystem services through the use of programs such as i-Tree Eco.
The key responsibilities will include:
- Undertaking BS5837 2012 surveys and reporting including the production of the Arboricultural Impact Assessment (AIA) and Arboricultural Method Statement (AMS).
- Providing guidance on arboricultural constraints and issues to a range of clients and Greengage team members in relation to the requirements of BS5837 2012.
- Manage and supervise on-site implementation of arboricultural works including the supervision of contractors.
- Manage small scale arboricultural contracts ensuring that work is delivered on time, within budget and meets the client’s satisfaction.
- Assist with the preparation of fee proposals and tenders for new arboricultural work, primarily BS5837 2012 surveys and assessments, on a wide range of sites.
Greengage is an award winning multidisciplinary environmental consultancy known for providing innovative and bespoke ecological solutions. We have a wealth of experience across a range of sectors and through all stages of planning, development and corporate sustainability. Our discipline is based on a deep understanding of the built, natural and social environment.
Our consultants gain experience working on a wide range of developments, undertaking baseline surveys to facilitate planning applications, and working with architects and landscape architects throughout design and build to create innovative solutions for integrating biodiversity within the built form.
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- 1 – 3 years experience.
- A sound level of arboricultural knowledge, including BS5837 2012 (essential) and BS3998 2010 (preferable), be competent in tree identification, inspection, condition assessment and necessary management options.
- Technicians Certificate in Arboriculture (or equivalent QCF Level 4 qualification).
- Knowledge of relevant UK legislation, best practice and policy relating to arboricultural matters.
- A professional, organised and thorough approach to work which demonstrates an attention to detail.
- Good communication and analytical skills with the ability to write concise technical reports.
- IT skills including Microsoft Office with the use of AutoCAD and GIS being an advantage within this role.
- A full driving licence.
In addition, experience of the following would be advantageous but not essential:
- Working in consultancy, particularly within the built environment.
- Advice and guidance with regard to Tree Preservation Orders and/or CAVAT.
- Membership, or be working towards membership, of a relevant professional association/body such as the Arboricultural Association.
- The production of Woodland Management Plans.
- Experience with i-Tree software and natural capital.
- Ecological/Biodiversity services including protected species surveys/licences and/or input to green infrastructure/urban greening strategies.
- Previous sustainability services experience.
This is a full-time role based in our London Bridge office.
Competitive based on experience and include personal and professional development, with excellent career prospects.
If you are interested in applying for the role please send a CV and supporting letter to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining why you are interested in the role and how you meet the personal specification. If you have any questions or would like additional information please get in touch.