GREENGAGE and CIVIC ENGINEERS hosted a breakfast event, with a fantastic panel on Tuesday 27th June. They discussed the status of BNG and what further developments can be expected over the coming months. They touched on the BNG process from feasibility through to ongoing management and maintenance.
The environment Act will become mandatory in November this year for most development projects. The session aimed to help stakeholders get up to speed with the current status of BNG and what further developments can be expected over the coming months.
The session included:
- The evolution of measuring biodiversity
- Drivers of BNG
- Delivery of BNG beyond the metric
- Good practice principles
- Compensation options (onsite, offsite and credit trading)
- Legislative frameworks, guidance and secondary legislation
- A look ahead beyond BNG to environmental net gain
We will provide practical advice for project planning and implementation.
Thank you to all who attended.