Sustainability can be a complex and intangible issue to integrate into corporate strategy. Greengage assists clients in unlocking the value of sustainability over the short, medium and long term. This process not only mitigates regulatory and operational risk for businesses, but also presents potential new business opportunities. We work with organisations in defining the material environmental and social elements that are fundamental to their business and their key stakeholders, and use this information in facilitating the composition and implementation of a sustainability strategy, including policy, targets and associated measurement.
We develop carbon footprinting frameworks to understand an organisation’s sources of carbon emissions relating to all core activities. We help companies understand their baseline energy / water / waste consumption and the associated Scope 1, 2 & 3 GHG emissions so that management measures can be introduced in a formalised and comprehensive manner. This can be fed into the support we provide for compliance with legislative or corporate requirements regarding carbon disclosure, such as mandatory GHG reporting for UK quoted companies.
Greengage work with organisations to standardise their measurement and reporting of embodied carbon using industry best practice in order to reduce the life cycle impact of a project. We identify where embodied energy impacts arise within the design process and supply chains and make recommendations regarding specification of alternative materials, material optimisation and construction methods. These recommendations are used to inform the design of a project, as well as that of future projects.
One of the key principles of environmental and social governance is the promotion of transparency. Greengage support companies through initial consultation and materiality review to discern what the most appropriate reporting process would be. We will then assist in collating, analysing and disclosing the data for the completion of the report and compliance with relevant legislation or third party mechanisms.
Disclosure of non-financial information goes beyond compliance; it is crucial in understanding a company’s market position within an industry and keeping up to date with current risks. Stakeholders and investors are increasingly looking towards these metrics as a means of understanding and evaluating the long term value and risks of the company. Greengage have extensive experience of completing these sustainability metrics, including; GRESB, GRI, CDP and UNPRI.
Carbon Neutrality with PAS2060 supports your Net-Zero Ambition.
By aligning with the UN Sustainable Development Goal 13, PAS 2060 plays an active role towards taking urgent action to combat climate change and impacts caused by carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gasses.
The process enables organisations to demonstrate their carbon neutrality claims to be credible and verified. PAS2060 provides guidance to company’s on how to quantify, reduce and offset GHG emissions on a specified business area.
- We can help you achieve Net-Zero with a Carbon Neutrality Focus using credible offsets where appropriate for residual carbon emissions that cannot be reduced or removed.
- Audit and re-align your approach to Net-Zero
- Measure and reduce your carbon emissions.
- Assist in preparing the Qualifying Explanatory Statements (QES)
- Support with making a Declaration of Commitment (DOC) and/or a Declaration of Achievement (DOA) to carbon neutrality
- Implementing the Carbon Footprint Management Plan (CMP)
- Quantification of CMP using recommended methodologies such as IS0-140064-1, World business council for sustainable development (WBCSD), National government environmental reporting protocols & PAS 2050
- Provide advice on purchasing credible offsets using verified offsetting schemes such as Gold Standard Certified (SDG) impacts, Certified Emission Reductions (CER) and Verified Carbon Standard (VCS)
- Provide an on-going support with year-on year validation to maintain your carbon neutral status.
- We have trained consultants who have achieved formal PAS2060 Training with British Standards Institute (BSI) Training Academy and can help you in achieving a carbon neutrality status.