With over 10 years of experience within the industry, Wildstone is helping shape the future of the outdoor advertising market through the digitisation of the UK’s out of home media assets. Greengage has supported Wildstone in measurement of the carbon footprint for 2021 across Scope 1, 2 and 3 Emissions. Advice has been provided for target adoption using 1.5°C scenarios.
Wildstone have been at the forefront of the digital revolution in the sector and lead the way in innovative outdoor advertising with a special focus on exceptional quality and high-performance technology. Wildstone acknowledges the urgency associated with achieving Net Zero by 2050 in line with global Net Zero ambition. To support with this, Wildstone has recently appointed Greengage to develop an embedded Net-Zero Carbon strategy for the business operations and industry leadership.
Due to significant mergers & acquisitions in 2020, Wildstone considers 2021 to be more reflective year for carbon baselining, therefore have provided data pertaining for 2021. As part of this work, Greengage has calculated the carbon baseline for Wildstone and established a pathway to Net Zero Carbon based on following scenarios:
– Verify & assess Wildstone’s Scope 1, 2 and 3 emissions for 2021.
– Prepare a Carbon Assessment for Wildstone considering emissions from Scope 1, 2 & 3 as per definition in the Green House Gas Protocol and develop pathways and trajectories to assist them in achieving their Net-Zero targets by 2030 and through to 2050.
– Provide recommendations on how to improve data capture & realise carbon reductions around major carbon hotspots.
Having worked through Wildstone’s activities and calculated the associated carbon emissions and proposed baseline, Greengage have identified recommendations and initiatives that should be considered as part of the work to reduce environmental impact and work towards Net Zero.
Key Outcomes identified:
· Establishment of a carbon baseline using 1.5° scenarios.
· Support with near term and long-term target adoption aligned with science-based targets initiative.
· Identification of energy procurement solutions. Improvement on visibility for operational activities related consumption and carbon impact.
· Identification of Scope 3 emissions across Upstream emission categories from purchased goods and services, business travel, waste etc.
· Scope 3 Mapping across downstream emission categories such as End of life treatment of screens and use of sold products.
“At Wildstone, we are committed to taking a proactive approach to supporting environmental sustainability and operating with ethics and integrity. We continuously identify opportunities to reduce our impact on the environment and support charitable causes that are important to Wildstone employees. With this vision in mind, we are truly delighted to be supported by Greengage in our journey towards Net-Zero and wish to continue working with the team in future.”