AWW – Whole Life Social Value Reporting
AWW is committed to building relationships and developing partnerships for delivery along shared values, improving their ability as designers and advocators to effect positive change. Their quality architecture, interior design, and master-planning, creates spaces to enhance people’s quality of life as well as creating a net gain environmental impact.
Since partnering, we have supported AWW by offering quantifiable assessment of their spatial designs on a project-by-project basis. Working closely with the firm, this has involved:
- The streamlining of data gathering processes;
- The minimisation of the time-cost of social value reporting for project teams;
- The development of a bespoke data collection service to comprehensively collate qualitative and quantitative measurement indices in alignment with AWW’s Key Value Indicators;
- The synthesis, application, and analysis of industry-leading social value proxies to discrete aspects of a design; and
- The delivery of top-line infographics distilling outcomes related to Human Centric Buildings, Health and Wellbeing, Social and Community, Education and Skills, Environment, Partnerships and Designing out Crime.
This work demonstrates genuine social uplift at a local scale and illustrates our response to a growing commitment within the built environment which seeks to clarify links between social wellbeing and spatial design.
“Ruth and the team at Greengage have greatly helped us in quantifying our Social Value contribution, which has included calculating in monetary terms the Social Value impact of our projects. This will enable us to communicate more clearly with our current and future clients around Social Value and assist us in bids going forward.”
Heather Rees | Associate, Architect and Social Value Champion at AWW