On the 21st November City of Trees hosted ‘The contribution of trees and GI (Green Infrastructure) to creating resilient cities’ seminar.
During the day nine excellent presentations were delivered.
The key messages were:
- The contribution of trees and GI to creating resilient cities is huge
- GI has to be a fundamental part of the design process
- GI has to be considered on a strategic scale as well as a single development, local scale
- It requires collaboration between multiple parties to maximise the benefits of GI
- The benefits of GI need to be promoted more and in a way that showed tangible benefits.
To read the full blog including an outline of each presentation, click here.