Greengage were commissioned by Lothbury Investment Management Ltd. to carry out the certified BREEAM assessment for the development on the Dolphin Retail Park in Salisbury, Wiltshire.
The scheme involved the redevelopment of part of the site to provide four new retail units. All units were assessed as one BREEAM assessment under the 2008 Retail scheme and achieved a ‘Very Good’ rating.
The credit areas that scored highly and are notable features of the development include:
· A very high score for the reduction of carbon dioxide emissions;
· Cycle storage and travel plan to encourage sustainable means of transport;
· Water efficient appliances;
· A high level of material specification;
· 100% of site waste diverted from landfill; and
· Ecological enhancements including new planting and trees.
In order to provide guidance for the future tenants on how the units should be fitted out in accordance with BREEAM requirements, a Green Building Guide was produced to be handed to them.
Photo courtesy of Morgan Sindall.