BRE Global has reviewed the BREEAM UK and International New Construction scheme fees and assessors are advised that these will be changing from 1 July 2014. This review and the subsequent changes are the first since 2008 for the International scheme and 2011 for the UK scheme.
The changes (summarised below) are broadly in line with inflation over the period and apply to any project registered for assessment from 1 July 2014 onwards against any New Construction scheme version. Projects registered before 1 July will not be affected by the changes and will be charged the certification fees applicable at the time of registration other than residential buildings under the BREEAM International NC scheme where the new fees are lower than those currently charged. In these cases the new fees will apply to all submissions received from the 1 July.
BREEAM UK New Construction scheme – summary of fee changes:
• Annual licence fees are frozen
• The total assessment fee for ‘Standard Buildings’ and ‘Bespoke’ will increase by 11.6%
• The total assessment fees for ‘Non-Standard Buildings’ are frozen
• The total assessment fees for ‘Simple Buildings’ are frozen
• Registration fees are to increase as a higher proportion of the total assessment fee, from £120 to £195 per project
• Some increases to ‘Other Fees’, e.g. QA failure, certificate amendments, fast track, etc.